This is a model rocket kit of the Frangible ARCAS rocket. This rocket is over 36″ long and features plywood fins, ejection baffle and pre-assembled 18″ plastic parachute.
The real Frangible ARCAS was developed during the 1960’s as a rocket that could be flown over residential areas. To avoid damage to property, or injury, upon landing, the rocket was destroyed in mid-air. It has a sheet of explosive material wrapped around the airframe. Once the explosive was triggered, the rocket was reduced to particle sizes with acceptable levels of kinetic impact energy.
Unlike the real rocket the kit doesn’t get blown to pieces and can enjoy many flights.
- Uses D, E Estes or E, F Aerotech Motors
- Ejection Baffle (no wadding required)
- Comes with the “explosives sheet” piece, laser-cut plywood fins and descends under a parachute.
- The decals are included for all lettering shown.
- Over 36″ Tall
- Intermediate Assembly Skills Required
- Length: 36.75″ (93 cm)
- Diameter: 1.64″ (42 mm)
- Weight with motors: 6.3 oz. (179 g)
- Motor Mount: 24 mm
- Recovery System: Parachute
Recommended Single Use Engines: E30-7
Recommended reloadable motors (RMS-24/40): E18-7, E28-7, F24-7