Standing over 3 1/2 feet tall, the Rocketarium Black Brant IV is a large flying model rocket capable of altitudes in excess of 1650 feet (500 m) on an F motor before returning back to Earth so it can be flown over and over again. The Black Brant IV contains an ejection baffle system which means that no recovery wadding is required for flight.
Original Black Brant IV was a two-stage rocket consisting of Black Brant V first stage with the Black Brant III second stage and was used by Canadian Space Agency and NASA. This kit is a single-stage model of Black Brant IV.
- Uses D, E, F Estes and Aerotech Motors
- Thick, white tubes
- 22 Laser Cut Parts
- Plastic nose cone and transition
- Ejection Baffle (no wadding required)
- 18″ Plastic Parachute
- Over 43″ Tall
- Requires 3/16″ Launch Rod
- Intermediate Assembly Skills Required
- Length: 43.9″ (111 cm)
- Diameter: 1.72″ (43.7 mm)
- Weight: 5.54 oz. (157 g)
- Motor Mount: 24 mm.
- Recovery System: 18″ Plastic Parachute, Ejection Baffle
- Projected Max Altitude: 1650 ft. (500 m)
E15-7, E20-7, E30-7, F44-8
E18-7, E28-7, F24-7